Thursday, May 1, 2014


 My favorite FACE PRIMERS! & why you should use them....




So you ask, "Do I really need a primer before I apply my makeup?" I say, if you want your makeup to go-on smoother, fill in your pores and for your foundation to last for hours (prevent oxidization of your foundation ~ oxidized foundation is when your face turns orange), then you should definitely be using a primer before you apply your foundation.


How to use a primer ~


  • Use it after you apply your moisturizer.
  • Less is more!! - a pea size amount will do. 
  • Then, apply your foundation as you would normally do.  


Too Faced Primed & Poreless (combo skin type)


 I'd say this one is my "every day, go-to" face primer. It's color-less, not greasy at all and very easy to blend into my skin. Smaller pores, skin feels silky & smooth, and the tone is evened out like you wouldn't believe. After I apply it, my skin looks almost "air-brushed" if that makes sense. The only thing is, I wouldn't recommend this one if you have extremely dry skin, but if you have combination skin type, you  should definitely give this primer a try.
($30.00 at Sephora, but sometimes you can find a trial size for a lot less)

MAC matte primer (oily skin)


If you have seriously oily skin, you need to try this primer from MAC. I still suggest that you apply it after your moisturizer (wait about 5 minutes after your moisturizer). I love how it makes the skin appear smoother and noticeably less shiny. Don't get me wrong, this primer won't stop your face from producing oil and you might need a touch-up later throughout the day, but, if you want a product to help you battle shine, this will do it!  
($21.00 on maccosmetics.com)

Laura Mercier oil-free primer (normal to oily skin)

Awesome primer for summer weather & if your skin is more on the normal to oily side. I first learned and tried this primer while I was working for a makeup salon last summer. We used it on all of our brides who were concerned with oily skin. It's great because you obviously use it prior to foundation, but it's also great as a "touch-up" throughout the day over your foundation. P.S and by the way, this primer has oil controlling ingredients which ensures long wear and flawless application. A MUST-TRY!
($19.50-$33.00 at Sephora, depending on the size)

Tarte Clean Slate poreless 12-hr perfecting primer (all skin types, sensitive skin)

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!! Not only does this primer helps to keep your makeup in place for up to 12 hours, but also decreases the appearance and number of pores, diffuses fine lines and imperfections, and  natural extracts to provide anti-aging benefits to your skin. If you have sensitive skin, you might be surprised that this is formulated without:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan
Basically, no unnecessary junk ;-) FYI - use it under your eyes after a moisturizer to help your concealer not to crease. Double duty... What's not to love?!
($30 at Sephora, but a trial size is a lot less)




No comments:

Post a Comment